Safeguarding at Surrey Adult Learning
- Safeguarding information for learners
Safeguarding information for learners
Safeguarding and You
If you are a learner with SAL and have any questions on Safeguarding including Prevent e.g. different types of abuse; possible signs of abuse or how to report your concerns, contact one of our SAL safeguarding team. If you are not currently learning with us, please contact the Surrey Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) with any safeguarding concern you may have. Contact details below.
Safeguarding Adults Week is a time for everyone to come together to raise awareness of important safeguarding issues. This year the focus is how you can prioritise the welfare and wellbeing of yourself and others. Our wellbeing includes our mental and physical health, our relationships, our connection with our communities and our contribution to society. Being able to live free from abuse and neglect is a key element of wellbeing. We would like to encourage you to think about what wellbeing means to you and what this means for the people you support during Safeguarding Adults Week 2023.
Any actions taken to safeguard an adult must take their whole wellbeing into account and be proportionate to the risk of harm. We should work with people to understand what matters to them and consider their beliefs, views and feelings when offering support.
What’s My Role in Safeguarding Adults?
Individuals and organisations are responsible for working together to protect an adult’s right to live free from abuse & neglect.
Never assume safeguarding is someone else’s responsibility.
You can make a difference by:
- Learning about the different types of harm and abuse
- Discovering how to spot the signs
- Recording any concerns you have
- Reporting your concerns to SAL’s safeguarding team or your Local Authorities Safeguarding Board
- Safeguarding Team
SAL Safeguarding Team
- Chrissie Walsh - Safeguarding Officer - 07968 833357
- Sarah French - Safeguarding Officer - 07977 425168
- Louise Williamson - Safeguarding Officer - 07970 276055
- Lisa Woodward - Designated Safeguarding Lead - 07968 832445
Surrey Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub
- For concerns about an adult - firstname.lastname@example.org - 0300 470 9100
- For concerns about a child - email@example.com - 0300 470 9100
- Safeguarding and Prevent posters
Safeguarding and Prevent posters